Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Seven Months Left (by Shane)

Shane - Denied psychiatric medication by ValueOptions, Shane turned to illegal drugs financed by burglaries. For stealing a few hundred dollars worth of goods, he was sentenced to eleven years. Shane is the author of the blog Persevering Prison Pages.

With my release date getting closer, I’m growing more anxious. Although I’ve managed to get into trouble recently, I attribute those errors to legitimate pain from my systemic lupus medical condition, and my frustration at ADOC’s Medical for refusing to give me care.

Instead of making more mistakes, I’m concentrating on suing ADOC again for violating my rights. I am also seeking legal remedies for ADOC violating my hep C lawsuit settlement agreement. I’ll be a free man in court.

I have purchased a house, and my friends and small family are all waiting for me in the free world. I have also met an awesome woman who is travelling across the ocean to meet and get to know me. Emphasizing the reality of my release date nearing, my release packet was filled out yesterday. Now I await prison approval of my residence and release.

So far, Shane sounds level-headed about his release. Will he succumb to “gate fever”? The tendency of inmates to lose their minds as freedom approaches due to the mental pressure arising from contemplating the adjustment.   



Click here for Shane’s blog Persevering Prison Pages.


Shaun Attwood
   

No comments:

Post a Comment