Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lacrosse Hotspot



Interesting news released today by ESPN. It seems The Haverford School is ranked No. 1 in the Nation in High School lacrosse. Haverford is a private all boy's school on the Main Line and obviously has a tremendous Lacrosse team. I know the Coaches from Haverford and they are dedicated men who know their stuff and do great things with the talented kids in their program.
The No. 2 School on this ESPN list is Conestoga High School. Contrastingly,Conestoga is a public high school about 10 miles down the road from Haverford.
Clearly, these rankings establish once again that the Main Line is a powerhouse region for boy's lacrosse. I believe much of this success is do to the really wonderful youth programs we have in the area. Ashbee lacrosse, the team my son plays for and for whom I coach, is one of those programs. These youth leagues start the kids learning the game at an early age and produce skilled players who go on to do well in High School.
I hope my son is going to be one of those kids. Such hopes are bolstered by his play last Thursday. He scored 4 goals at his Middle School game and then went right to his Ashbee league game and scored a Hat-Trick. I was one proud Dad.
This Saturday Haverford is playing the No. 4 ranked team from Darien Connecticut. My son and I will attend that game for sure as it proves to be an exciting match-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment