Thursday, December 6, 2012

Karate Grading

Just finished my training at the Spectrum fitness centre till after Xmas as I go on the road up north on Tuesday for book signings and schools talks for 2 weeks. It was my last training before my karate grading in London this Sunday. Among the things I have to do is to fight 5 times. They usually stop the fight when someone scores, but these 5 fights are not getting stopped, its pure endurance, and the opponents are usually bigger than me, but my stamina's up for the fighting from doing two-hours of BodyPump and BodyCombat back to back for a few months, and my upper body strength is up from doing daily morning handstands in my yoga sun salutation routine. Sparring earlier in the year when I was much weaker, I ended up with 3 broken fingers and bruised ribs, and I couldn't exercise for a month, so its serious stuff. This belt (brown) is the last belt before black. I've got 2 xmas parties this weekend with fellow exercise fanatics in Guildford, but I'm only going to drink water and I have to get plenty of sleep for the karate grading. Where has the party animal gone? I hope to see some of my fitness friends at the White House pub in Guildford on Saturday at 7.30, where I'll be drinking water with our brilliant instructors, Tracey Debenham, Jon Hawkins and Tony Coker.

Part of the grading is also this kata: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWnVeAAcjRA&feature=youtu.be

Shaun Attwood

No comments:

Post a Comment