Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dawn of a New Adventure (Part 12)


With my schools talks tapering off for exam time, I’m making fast progress on my third book, Prison Time, which picks up where Hard Time left off, and features my unforgettable friends such as Frankie, Two Tonys, Xena, T-Bone… I’m drawing on the blog, letters, memory and input from prisoners. I’m using stuff I wrote that I couldn’t post while in prison that range from fights to details of Frankie’s sex life. 

The prequel to Hard Time, Party Time, is going to be published by Mainstream Publishing (Random House). It’s slated for spring 2013 in the UK, not Christmas like I earlier thought.



If I finish Prison Time before the end of 2012, I can submit it for publication for Christmas 2013, thus completing the English Shaun Trilogy.

I’m also working on T-Bone’s life story, and I’m going to explore my parents’ attic for the draft of Two Tonys’ life story that he dictated to me in his cell.

I did my first talk to Rotarians at the Rotary Club of Sutton Nonsuch, Chipstead Golf Club, Coulsdon, where there was much ringing of bells and toasting Queen Elizabeth. I had an excellent veggie dinner with business gentlemen who help the community, and told them my story. It was all quite Masonic. I now know the secret handshake to get out of police trouble, and if that doesn’t work what to say to the judge, “Is there no help for the widow’s son?”



Thanks to the heat, I’ve discovered a correlation between the amount of words I write and my consumption of Nobbly Bobbly ice-lollies. My Polish dentist won’t be pleased.

The trick to not damaging your keyboard while typing furiously with a Nobbly Bobbly stuck in your gob is to lean backwards slightly, so the hundreds and thousands that the Nobbly sheds don’t get jammed in the tiny gaps at the sides of the keys.


This Saturday, I’m signing copies of Hard Time at the O2 Centre Waterstones, London from 2pm onwards. Click for further info.


Shaun Attwood

No comments:

Post a Comment