Sunday, March 20, 2011

Muscle Car Weather


The recent weather has stirred thoughts of Spring.With thoughts of Spring comes the urge to unleash the growling beast which has rested dormant in the garage since the leaves began to drop and the weather turned cold. Said beast is pictured above. I posted about my 1969 Olds 442 some time ago. Then I came across a better photo in my desk at the office, this time the American muscle shown with top down.
I have lusted after this particular, year, make and model since 10th grade.In that year I began to work at a local gas station after school and on weekends. One of the mechanics at the station had a 69 442 and I simply fell in love.I liked Mustangs and Vettes, but something about the 69 442 captured me. Being 15 and having no money, I had to settle for admiration from afar and the occassional ride in the mechanics car.

Fast forward to 1998 and a listing offering a 1969 Olds 442 convertible for sale in Norristown, PA. Now I possessed the means and the garage space. The sale was consumated and I have been enjoying this car ever since. When the weather turns the cover is removed, washing and waxing is completed, oil is changed and fluids are checked. A drive around the back roads of the Main Line on a soft, sunny Spring day is a type and form of therapy not often found.

No comments:

Post a Comment