Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Barnes Follow-Up

After posting yesterday, I received this cordial communique' from Friends of the Barnes. It is always fascinating to see who is reading.


Hello, Mr. Sportsman.



My son forwarded a link to your post about your visit to The Barnes, which I found very refreshing. I just wanted to let you know that information about the on-going controversy is available on the Friends of the Barnes Foundation website http://www.barnesfriends.org . I also thought you might not be aware (because almost no one is) that The Barnes in Merion is eligible for National Historic Landmark status, but only if it remains intact – with the art collection. A PDF of an Assessment of the site commissioned by Friends of the Barnes Foundation is attached.



With kind regards,

eyaari@comcast.net

Friends of the Barnes Foundation

www.barnesfriends.org

No comments:

Post a Comment