Friday, September 10, 2010

Selling Beer and Booze












I am always on the look-out for hunting related themes in old beer and liquor advertising. One can find a good print ad in decent shape at a Flea Market or on E-Bay.With an inexpensive framing job you have a nice piece to hang at the Hunting Club or your bar. I have scored many fine prints and hung them in the Bar room of my Hunting Club and the guys love them.
At home, I have an office/bar/poker room on the second floor of our Barn.( I will have to do a post with pix on this soon...I was ahead of the curveon the Man-Cave thing I think...and it is a refuge that is the envy of my buddies and many Main Line poker junkies alike. I keep the best examples of these finds on these walls.I have some vintage back-lighted beer signs featuring pheasants and pheasant hunters and the Budweiser duck hunting plaque pictured above. I also have some brewery issued mirrors with hunting themes that are becoming more rare. Some of the stuff really does capture the relaxation and satisfaction of a stiff whiskey or ice cold beer enjoyed after a day in the field or on the marsh. Some of this genre is a bit campy and overly sentimental but nostalgic even so.

No comments:

Post a Comment