Friday, April 26, 2013

Question 2: Locked-Up Abroad Raving Arizona


For the next 9 days, I'm going to post a question about the episode and my answer.

When the money started rolling in from selling Ecstasy, what did you spend it on? Any extravagant trips, investments or goods?

Although I had fun spending it, I regret the enormous waste of money. I started using limos like taxis, and spent thousands on clothes. When I first arrived in America with only student credit cards to survive on, I lived off cheese on toast, and bananas, and shopped at Ross Dress For Less, whereas at the peak of my wealth, I’d jump on a plane to go clothes shopping on Melrose Avenue, LA, or Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas. Most of the money went on raves and lavish after-parties at resort villas that lasted for days. I gave drugs away for free because it suited my ego back then, which was as big as the Grand Canyon. I bought cars and rented apartments for my friends to show off, too. The cost of living in a million-dollar mountainside home with all of my other payments on apartments and cars raised my bills to $20 - $30 thousand per month. I invested in a rave clothing/music store called Sound Factory in Tucson. The Phoenix New Timesreported that I flew my ailing grandmother over from England and smuggled money out of the country in the frame of her wheelchair. This is untrue. Not only did I lack the smarts to save any, my grandmother never had a wheelchair. After prison, I was deported back to England with no money or assets whatsoever. Rebuilding my life in the UK, I’m still scratching my head, wondering where it all went.  

Click here for yesterday's answer 

My story in Vice Magazine with pics from my new book Party Time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment