Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Canine Commandments

One of the Sporting/Hunting sites I follow posted this very relevant list of rules. particularly relevant are No.s 4 and 10. Many dog owners like the concept but not the responsiblity. They take no time to train the dog or spend sufficient time interacting. Then they wonder why the dog is ill-mannered and misbehaves. If you do not know how to train a dog...LEARN. Most areas have dog training classes and clubs to teach you how to teach your dog.

No. 10 made me choke up. As you may recal I posted a while back about holding my dear Dixie when she was put down at age 16. My other hunting dog Archie is now retired at 11 but still spry and healthy. I am working with Genna as posted yesterday. I ahve commented on the special bond between hunter and hunting dog....but these rules apply equally to any dog/master relationship. Take the time and nurture the bond between you and your dog.


No comments:

Post a Comment