Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring Steeplechase Season






In a few short weeks my Wife and I will attend the Radnor Hunt Preview Auction and Party. Each year this event is held at a different Farm in bucolic Chester County Horse Country. The Auction items are excellent...one year my Wife and I scored a condo in Steamboat for a tremendously low price! The food and cocktails do not suck either!
This event is also the harbringer of the Spring Steeplechase Season. This means tailgating with friends, spirited wagering, beautiful sylvan settings and supporting the preservation of open space. The Race locales which we attend range from Chester County to Delaware and thru Virginia. In my estimation, watching flat track thoroughbred racing is boring when matched against a 3 1/2 mile race over timber or brush jumps. The skill and stamina of both horse and jockey are astonishing at this distance and over the jumps. I am also excited to see which entry my friend Michael Moran will offer this season. Michael was the owner/breeder of McDynamo, one of the most successful Steeplechase horses of all time! See you at the races!

No comments:

Post a Comment