Thursday, January 4, 2007

18 Oct 06

Family heads to Phoenix for the Hearing

When the visit ended I hugged Mum, and she said she would do her best at the clemency hearing tomorrow.
“Don’t worry," Dad said, "once they see us they’ll let you out.”
“More likely double your sentence,” Mum said.
“I've written a character reference, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to speak up for you,” Auntie Lily said. “I’ll probably be crying too much.”
“Do what you can,” I said. “You’ll be there for me, that’s all that matters.”

I do not attend the clemency hearing. I’ve applied for a small reduction off my sentence on the grounds that I’m a first-time, non-dangerous offender with a good track record, extensive accomplishments while in prison, positive goals for my release, and strong family support.

Email comments to writeinside@hotmail.com or post them below

Copyright © 2006-2007 Shaun P. Attwood


No comments:

Post a Comment