Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve

Happy Christmas and a Wonderful New Year to all readers

Can I just take this opportunity to thank everyone who read the article in Cosmo and took the time to email or write a comment?
Jon does not have access to a computer - we forward all emails and comments to him and I am sure he will be busy in the New Year replying. He has already received some and they have ensured a happy xmas for him.
I am keeping the blog going while our parents are in the US visiting Jon and have not had time to respond individually to comments.
Karen, Jon’s sister

Did T Have It Comin'?

Merry Christmas readers!

Did you know that the practice of celebrating Christmas on the 25th of December began in the Western Church in the fourth century? The festival celebrating the birth of Jesus was a Christian substitute for the pagan festival held on that date to celebrate the birth of the unconquered Sun.
Did you know that this Christmas Two Tonys stopped by and told me a story?

It wasn’t A Christmas Carol, it wasn’t The Grinch that Stole Christmas, it wasn’t Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Two Tonys described in detail how he came to murder his friend T. A crime that contributed twenty-five years to the triple digit sentence Two Tonys is serving for violent crimes.
“Who was T?” I said.
“My buddy from the joint,” Two Tonys said.
“I rented a house near where my daughter lived and T came and lived with me.”
“What did he look like?”
“He was a scary Cossack lookin’ motherfucker. His face was pinched up, and his slanted eyes gave him an Asiatic look - as if he was from the Russian fuckin’ steppe. He had a lotta tats.”
“Was he dangerous?”
“He was a stabbin’ shootin’ motherfucker - always stabbin’ someone in the joint. Extremely fuckin dangerous.”
“What happened between you guys?”
“He got out of the joint and moved into my place with fifteen cents in his pocket. I gave him two hundred dollars and hooked him up with a job. Back then, I was fuckin’ some bimbo - Missy, a sexy redhead - and T asked if he could fuck her. I told him: ‘Sure, but remember she’s a fuckin’ bimbo. Whatever you do, don’t go fuckin’ fallin’ in love with her.’ So what happens? He’s been in the joint fuckin’ punks his whole life. He went from two-holers to a three holer and fell in love.
“The three of us went to a weed house, Chubby’s - another guy we were gonna kill at one time -and Chubby spanks Missy’s ass. T freaked out and started yellin: ‘That’s my woman. I’ll kill you motherfucker. Don’t ever touch her again.’
“So time goes by and I come home one night and T, Missy and an Indian dude are moving my stuff into storage because the Indian dude is gunna cook - they were setting up a meth lab.
“That was too much. I told ‘em: ‘Get the fuck out! This is my house!’
“T flipped and yelled at me: ‘Don’t disrespect me in front of my woman! Don’t disrespect me in front of my friend!’
“At that point I thought of the Art of War - the words of Sun fuckin’ Tzu: never underestimate your opponent. T was a dangerous motherfucker. If things had escalated he would have killed me right there and then. I backed off but I knew there was no other way to get him out of my house: I had to kill him.
“I told him I had a deal for us in Prescott - a store to rob. I had the perfect spot in Prescott to whack a motherfucker - right under the freeway on a one-way road that formed a U-turn. There’d be no flash of the gun. It was perfect to do a killin’. T tells me he wants to take Missy with us to Prescott. Okay, I realise I’m gunna have to whack ‘em both.
“I tell him: ‘No guns. We’ll pick up guns when we get there.’ But I had an extra gun stuck in the back of my pants. We go out to the car and I immediately know somethin’s up because Missy sits in the back and the three of us always rode together up front.
“Her sittin’ in the back was a red light. As a killer livin’ in a killer society, out of the ordinary shit like that is a red fuckin’ light - a warnin’ going’ ding-ding-ding.
“I’m ridin’ sittin’ with my back to the door watchin’ these two motherfuckers and we pull in at a store. I notice him reach to his side, pull out a gun and put it under his seat. I asked him why he’d brought a gun and he said: ‘I just forgot to leave it behind.’
“So he’s in the store, and she gets panicky in the back of the car and runs out and joins him. I’m watchin’ em argue and I later found out she was tellin’ him: ‘Kill him. Kill him now.’
“He gets back in the car with a bag in his hand and passes the gun to her under the bag. He opened a Coke which fizzed and asked: ‘What’s wrong?’ because I jumped.
“I told him: ‘I gotta pee.’ Then I got out and left the door ajar, so the dome light would stay on. That way I would see them but they couldn’t see me. When I saw her pass the gun to him, I knew it was on. I took the safety off my nine millimetre and I nailed him - bam! He did a little twitch thing behind the wheel and looked at me. Then I put another three in him - bam - bam - bam! I knew in my heart of hearts they were gunna off me. I looked over at her and pulled the trigger but the gun jammed.”

“How did it feel when you shot him?” I asked.
“I savoured the moment. I was relieved the gun fired. He looked at me for a second - but when you are doing somethin’ like that a second is an eternity. He had a killin’ comin’. I wanted to kill the motherfucker. It had been buildin’ up ever since he moved in, spending my money, disrespectin’ me. He was out for himself.”
“Have you seen Chicago or Unforgiven?” I asked.
“Unforgiven - yeah. Chicago -no.”
“Is that were you got ‘He had it comin’ from?” I said.
“No, the first time I heard it was Abe Reles from Murder Inc, an old Brownsville Jew mob. They were questionin’ Abe Reles and he said: ‘They all had it comin’ which is true because people do stuff to get ‘em killed. If I get killed its because I have it comin’. In the killin’ business you don’t just go out and kill someone for no reason - who needs the fuckin aggravation? If someone’s gettin’ killed they’ve either killed someone, fucked someone’s wife, stolen somethin’ or really pissed someone off.”

Do my readers think T “had it comin’”? Was this murder an act of self-defence or a premeditated slaying?

Email comments to writeinside@hotmail.com or post them below

Copyright © 2004-2005 Shaun P. Attwood

Jon’s book wishlist – he is allowed used or new books as long as they are sent direct from publishers such as Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment