Monday, August 15, 2005

05 August 05

Average Day

Martine, from The Netherlands, recently asked what I do and what I study all day.

Every day is similar. I try to write for five hours in the AM. In the PM I try to read at least one hundred to one hundred and fifty book pages.

My in-cell breaks consist of yoga, meditation, and naps.

Most of the out of the cell time is spent between chow, showers, and chess. On an alternating basis, I get either two or four hours of rec each day. On Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons, I am assigned to the education building for independent study, where I practice Spanish or Chinese using books and cassette tapes that I have purchased. I am also enrolled in several ADOC programs.

My favourite study areas are: behaviourial finance, the classics, creative writing, economic history, forensic accountancy, literary criticism, Mandarin, military science, penology, psychology, political philosophy, Spanish, and the subject that I’ve studied the most: the stock market.

I am grateful to all of you whose book contributions have kept me busy.

Cheers! Jon.



Copyright © 2004-2005 Shaun P. Attwood

Email comments to writeinside@hotmail.com or post them below

No comments:

Post a Comment