Thursday, January 6, 2005

Poem about Jon by Prophet



Creative Isolation



These four walls surround my soul

but yet they've set my spirit free

with each passing moment inside this cube

another spark ignites inside me

burning a fuse that leads to a ballpoint

I explode on to the paper

all my sentiment

emotions not to be exposed

not while in this modern day dungeon

but I must have release

and these writings like the air I breathe provide me with survival

my hand sore from clasping pen innards

the only ventilation for my words to escape this musty chamber

once trapped in life now imprisoned in a cell

I transcend these walls through my written word

I rise above the wire fence to touch you with my intellect

for my arms may not grasp beyond this cage,

but my thoughts have traveled father than mortal limbs could ever reach

my mind-set entered homes I may never see

this so called 'correction' is nothing but my own creative isolation

and as long as there is creation there is life...

and I will,

live on



I'm a friend and faithful reader of Jon's Jail Blog. I recently wrote the above poem on a poetry forum I belong to based on your son's circumstance. I wanted to share it with you as well. I wanted to draw more attention to his ordeal so I added links to his webpages. I hope you enjoy and please tell Jon Happy New Year and that I pray for his safe return to you his family.

sincerely,

Prophet




Send comments to writeinside@hotmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment